About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

I Happen to Know Some Really COOL People

This afternoon we packed food for Kids Against Hunger that our group will take to Haiti next October when they go over to the Northwest Haiti Christian Mission. All in all, we packed 21,000 meals! I've been to Haiti and helped distribute food to the people who are literally starving there ... its one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. What can I say ... once you've done that, its just not something you forget. Ever. It was good today to be able to be a small part of that again.









It was good too to see Bill back from D.C. Back from the WHITE HOUSE no less. I didn't get to see his award but did get to talk to him about his time there and he passed on this article that appeared in the LA Times about it. Very cool stuff.
And this weekend I missed out on something I wish I could have been a part of. It wasn't my 30th HS reunion but it was something close - a gathering of old friends from my hometown. I've known these folks for ... well, for all my life. I hope they don't mind that I snagged one of the pics from Facebook. Looks like they all had a great time. These are good people. People I should have gone back and hung out with.



2 comments:

KrippledWarrior said...

Amber,
The world is a better place with you in it. Some people have a really cool friend; YOU.

Amber said...

You're too sweet KW. You would be one of the cool people I've met this year. I mean really ... what a life you've had!