About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, October 01, 2009

October

I love October. I love fall. And I love living in Ohio in the fall. Some things I'm looking forward to this October are:

  • Skydiving
  • Planting Tulip bulbs. I ordered some of these French Blend Rose tulip bulbs today and will hopefully be planting them next week.















  • A visit from Shelly. Next Wednesday Shelly, the missionary from Pine Ridge and a good friend will be here! She will be speaking in the Wed. service, then on Thursday evening the crew will get together with her for a dinner and some time to visit. Friday morning her and I will be speaking at the Rotary Club in West Chester.

  • Once the leaves turn I will be taking a day for ME and grabbing my camera and heading to Spring Grove Cemetery for a day of exploring. Spring Grove is one of Cincy's beautiful places to visit. I know, its a cemetery, but its a pretty and interesting one to visit. They even have guided tours (for free) and one of them is during the full moon. How cool is that?














  • Again, once the leaves change, me and Brian will be taking a day off to go up to Hocking Hills to enjoy a day together and take in the fall colors. Hocking Hills is one of Ohio's best kept secrets and I hope it stays that way so too many people don't spoil it.
  • Maybe going back "home" to meet up with a bunch of old friends from my childhood/school days. I'm still not sure ... will I know them? Will they know me?? I dunno....
  • Halloween! I love Halloween. I love the candy. I love the costumes. Oh yeah, I love seeing the kids in their costumes too. I'm going to be a gypsy this year. Come on, ya gotta dress up. We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.
  • Carmel Apple Cider, Nuff said.
  • And Thanksgiving. I know Thanksgiving is in November, how could I forget that - I was born on Thanksgiving Day. But this year Thanksgiving will be early at our house because my son Logan leaves for Basic Training Nov. 4th.

No comments: