I love October. I love fall. And I love living in Ohio in the fall. Some things I'm looking forward to this October are:
- Planting Tulip bulbs. I ordered some of these French Blend Rose tulip bulbs today and will hopefully be planting them next week.
- A visit from Shelly. Next Wednesday Shelly, the missionary from Pine Ridge and a good friend will be here! She will be speaking in the Wed. service, then on Thursday evening the crew will get together with her for a dinner and some time to visit. Friday morning her and I will be speaking at the Rotary Club in West Chester.
- Once the leaves turn I will be taking a day for ME and grabbing my camera and heading to Spring Grove Cemetery for a day of exploring. Spring Grove is one of Cincy's beautiful places to visit. I know, its a cemetery, but its a pretty and interesting one to visit. They even have guided tours (for free) and one of them is during the full moon. How cool is that?
- Again, once the leaves change, me and Brian will be taking a day off to go up to Hocking Hills to enjoy a day together and take in the fall colors. Hocking Hills is one of Ohio's best kept secrets and I hope it stays that way so too many people don't spoil it.
- Maybe going back "home" to meet up with a bunch of old friends from my childhood/school days. I'm still not sure ... will I know them? Will they know me?? I dunno....
- Halloween! I love Halloween. I love the candy. I love the costumes. Oh yeah, I love seeing the kids in their costumes too. I'm going to be a gypsy this year. Come on, ya gotta dress up. We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.
- Carmel Apple Cider, Nuff said.
- And Thanksgiving. I know Thanksgiving is in November, how could I forget that - I was born on Thanksgiving Day. But this year Thanksgiving will be early at our house because my son Logan leaves for Basic Training Nov. 4th.