About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Friday, November 20, 2009

A Week in the Life

So ... I forget to update here as often as I should, but for anyone who is interested in our crazy life ... here's what's happening this week.

  • Brian is better. He no longer looks like something from a horror movie. Whatever the doc gave him worked and he's back to normal and I have to say he "brought it" last Sunday night at church.
  • Went to the funeral of a really sweet lady this week. Phyllis we're sure going to miss you.
  • Cody (my oldest son) sent me a text saying, "I just castrated a pig". I asked him if he had a ball. He and Allison are in Ill. on the farm where her parents live. Last time he was there he stared down a 1300 pound steer. They're going to make a country boy out of him if he doesn't die first.
  • This is a bit more than a week ago, but for anyone who hasn't heard - Logan decided not to go into the Army (much to his mother's relief). The plan is to go to the Police Academy. I'm still not sure why he changed his mind but I suspect it has something to do with a pretty blonde that's been around our house for a while now. He now has a old Chevy truck that runs fairly well except that it leaks some kind of fluid and the driver's door requires holding it shut as he's driving down the road.
  • My dad's PSA is back up and the pill (which I think is a form of chemo) is not kicking it so ... its back to IV chemo starting next week. It'll be a lower dose once a week rather than the really strong stuff he was getting before so hopefully it will do the job and not kick his butt as bad as it did before.
  • I have messed up my shoulder somehow. Got the results from the MRI yesterday ... I have a torn rotator cuff and a bone spur on my shoulder that is banging against the arm bone (forgive the less than techy lingo) and causing some bruising and swelling in the arm bone. Got a cortisone shot and will start PT ... do 3 weeks of that and if that doesn't fix it (nobody including the doc thinks it will), I'll have to have it fixed.
  • I've suddenly gotten quite busy with Pine Ridge stuff again. So much for a break. We have 7 kids to have people buy gifts for and a fundraiser for the work project coming up. Me, I'm having a blast playing Santa to the kids. I LOVE this stuff. Its SO much fun!
  • Gunner is back in his "cone". I'm really ready for this dog to get back to normal but probably not as ready as he is.

Life is good ... hard sometimes but good and its anybody's guess what'll happen around here in the next week.

3 comments:

Kansas Bob said...

Glad Brian is back to normal and glad that Logan is not doing the Army. Take care of that shoulder.

Blasé said...

It doesn't sound like Life is Good...but I'll take your word for it. Take care of that lil' shoulder of yours and tell your son to be gentle with those pigs...

Gary Means said...

I missed the post about why Brian looked like something from a horror movie. What happened? Are there pictures? Oh, and I'm glad that Brian is doing better, whatever it was.