About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, December 14, 2009

A Conspiracy

There is a conspiracy at Christmastime. Are you part of it? I found out about it last year but its really not all that new. Its been going on for years among those who follow the real meaning of Christmas. But its making headlines now ... maybe you're heard of it. Its called The Advent Conspiracy.

Its all about how Christmas can still change the world - you know, like the first Christmas did.
The idea is to worship fully
spend less
give more
and love all.

For a lot of folks Christmas has become just a time of stress and debt. We buy gifts out of obligation, set expectations way too high and then are disappointed when it doesn't work out the way we imagined. You know the drill. I bet you've had a Christmas like that.

Somebody decided to remind us all what its really all about - kinda like Linus in a Charlie Brown Christmas. The idea is simple. Enter into the Christmas season with the purpose to worship God fully, to love the way He loved. Jesus loved the lost and the broken and the forgotten. By giving ONE less gift we can use those resources to give in some way that will benefit those who are less fortunate. We can give presence, rather than presents.

Now, like a lot of things, people can go all legalistic on this. I don't think that's the idea. Its not about making people feel guilty for buying their kids Christmas presents. No, the idea is really just Love.

Well shoot, they can explain it a lot better than I can. Check it out. Advent Consiracy

No comments: