About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dashing Through the Snow in a ... Jeep and Ford Focus!

Its COLD here today. Really cold. And there is some light snow dancing around out there too. The perfect setting for playing Santa.

Brian and I loaded up the Jeep and his Ford Focus with 4 GIANT boxes filled with gifts for a family on the Rez and then started on our way to the Post Office where we received lots of strange looks from people and met a guy with a real white beard, a healthy size belly, tiny glasses, and a Santa hat! Kids, Santa is real - I saw him today at the Fairfield Post Office and he's going to be really busy delivering lots of presents this Christmas.

Oh, and even though it's a government building and all they were playing real Christmas music (O Holy Night) and they wished us a real "Merry Christmas" too! What's the world coming to?

*Thanks to all of you who bought gifts for this family. This fall 2 of the seven kids were living in a car and I can tell you that this summer they were truly HUNGRY. I'm betting they've never had Christmas gifts before. Thanks to you all, this Christmas each of the seven kids will have 6 gifts and a stocking full of goodies. They are also getting cookies and hot chocolate mix!

1 comment:

KrippledWarrior said...

May God bless you and your wonderful service.