About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Don't You Wish You're Girlfriend Was HOT Like Me?

OK, you know I'm kidding. But ya just gotta laugh at life sometimes. Here are a few of the oh so fashionable accessories that I'll be adding to my wardrobe in the near future.


Yeah, isn't that a lovely sling? Do you think they could possibly make it any bigger? That's obviously not me in the pic, but it is a pic of the sling I now have in my possession and will be taking with me to surgery. I'll wake up with it on ... oh, and here's the good part - I get to get dressed with it under my shirt for a while. That's just gonna be too cute. I asked the lady at the doctor's office yesterday how to dress for surgery and she told me to get a really big man's button up shirt to put on over the sling. Hmmm... I don't know when I get to graduate to wearing it over my clothes but hopefully I won't be walking around looking like a freak for too long.

And I'll be adding some hats to my wardrobe too. Hats are cool. I have a Sturgis baseball style hat, a Jeep hat, a "Life is Good" hat - I wear these on the Rez when I don't have time to do hair. I also have a cute little black hat that I got in Ireland when the wind was just too strong to deal with as we walked around Derry. And I've now added a black newsboy hat like the one pictured here. Do I like hats? Not so much really but I like them better than I like my hair when I can't fix it. Now I don't know if its true or not but I've heard that I'm not going to be able to move my arm into a position necessary to fix my hair for, get this, 6 WEEKS! That's a lot of hats.

Will I be blogging during this time. But of course. I only need one hand to type. :]

2 comments:

Kansas Bob said...

Hope the surgery goes well and you recover faster than they estimate. Wondering if you have any of those moo-moo dresses left from the 60s :)

Blasé said...

I'll just read slower during your 'one arm' typing.

It will be over before you know it. Be well!