About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Day 4

Sorry to blog so much about my rotator cuff. I hope I'm not turning into one of those people who think that everyone is as interested in my injury as I am. :) But maybe it will help someone else going through it ... and if not, it'll help me remember what I may need to remember so feel free to read or skip as you wish.

So far I have a few problems:


1. I am afraid to take my pain meds. Well, actually I'm not afraid to take them, I'm just afraid I'll run out. Some docs aren't too good about writing prescriptions for narcotics and I've got 4 - 6 weeks of physical therapy 5 days a week to get through. I tried not taking them so I'd have them for PT but that was a bad idea. I found out really fast why people say this is a brutal recovery. And I do use my arm more when I take them, which is what I'm supposed to do. So ... I really wish I had asked him how many prescriptions I'm allowed.


2. Pain meds again. I take them and then tend to overdo it. I lifted a pot of soup last night - totally forgot I wasn't supposed to do that. Brian was napping and I didn't want to wake him up to fix supper.
BTW, the pic is a pic of my shoulder today. The doc must be pretty good at what he does to be able to get in there and work and leave almost no bruising. My right hand is actually more bruised than my shoulder from the IV. So, yeah, I'm impressed.
I'm really VERY grateful for the cards I've gotten, for the people who have prayed, and for the Chick-Fil-A sandwich! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chick-Fil-A and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the two people who brought it by. OK ... back into the sling.

No comments: