About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Go Fast, Take Chances

So its all full throttle again as we are gearing up for REZonate! I sat here this afternoon pondering how in the world I got here. Honestly ... I don't have a clue. As I've said many times before, this was nowhere near being on my list of things I want to do before I die. Life takes some crazy turns doesn't it.

Never in my wildest did I think I'd be organizing a city-wide event. Never did I think I'd be listening to Eliot Sloan sing one of his top 40 hits at that event. I'll always remember hearing him sing "The Light in Your Eyes" on that unseasonably pleasant summer evening with a full moon overhead. Awesome! Simply awesome!

Never in my wildest did I think I'd be on Cincinnati's Rock Radio station with a local "rockstar" (that was fun wasn't it Niki). Never did I think that Brian White who has 13 #1 songs to his credit would come up from Nashville at his own expense to play at this event. And never in my wildest did I imagine the Teamsters would offer to raffle off a brand new Harley at this event. Crazy.

Yeah, its not what I imagined at all for my life ... but it sure is fun. I'd be happy to sit by the fire and read or knit but life turned out all different. Of course people who know me well would tell me I'd be happy knitting for about 10 minutes and then I'd have to find something insane to attempt. Maybe.

Speaking of doing something crazy ... today I went to church wearing my Start Skydiving t-shirt that reads "Go Fast, Take Chances" ... and my sling. Didn't even think about it when I left this morning ... but later I thought ... "hmmm... that probably isn't a great advertisement for Start Skydiving". By the way, I was thrilled to see them on the news the other day. Apparently very few planes are able to land in Haiti but the kind of planes they have are permitted ... So ... they hooked up with some other friends of ours called Caring Partners International and the pilots volunteered to fly a load of medical supplies to Haiti. Cool!

Hey ... I wonder if we could have skydivers jump into REZonate??

2 comments:

KrippledWarrior said...

How about “Parachuting Presley’s” at:
http://www.flyingelvi.com/home.html

Ericka said...

Bailey and I would be willing to jump into rezonate :) We will work after that!