About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Old Jeep

I sold my old Jeep yesterday. I really hated to see it go. I love that Jeep and I'm gonna miss it.
It was the perfect vehicle ... snow was never a problem. I used to park in snow banks just to have fun getting out of them. You could take the back seat out and haul stuff if you needed to. I hauled a LOT of backpacks over the past 7 years in the back of that old Jeep. You could take the top off and have fun in the sun if the mood struck. It would go anywhere but it wouldn't go anywhere fast. There wasn't too many parking places I couldn't get in. It would turn on a dime too. I've never seen maneuverability like that old Jeep had. And then there's the indisputable "cool" factor of driving a Jeep.

I've got a new Jeep now. I like it OK but I don't love it like I did my old Jeep. It's got power windows and power locks and a remote starter - all handy things to have but they are just so not Jeep. And its bigger. Apparently they're building Wranglers bigger than they used to. I feel more like I'm driving a Hummer now than a Jeep and I don't like that so much. I'm sure in time I'll get used to it and I'll come to love my new Jeep, but for now I'm thinking, "I'm sure gonna miss that old Jeep.







4 comments:

Barbara aka Layla said...

I like the new jeep but even I will miss your old jeep :)

Kansas Bob said...

Ann can relate - she loved our old Jeep. I loved it until it started breaking down all the time.

Erwin Calverley said...

Yeah, when it comes to performance, you can always rely on a Jeep. It can carry you through smooth or rough roads, even through gorges and rivers. You know what would make a jeep even better? A front-mounted winch! Now that would make getting out of tough situations a cinch (pun intended, haha)! Anyway, it’s really easy to get attached to a reliable car. What did you replace it with, by the way?

Ivo Beutler said...

I’ve had my own moment like this. We treat our cars like companions or family members, which makes it hard to let go of them. On the downside of formerly owning a jeep, it’s hard to find a vehicle that top its performance. This is why I kind of thought that you’d get just another jeep as a replacement. ;]