About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Friday, January 29, 2010

My Workout Playlist


So ... its been about 3 weeks .... I think ... since I began working out at the gym. I like it OK. Weight training is cool, cardio , not so much. Reasons why I hate cardio:


1. Its hard. I'm old, and out of shape. Its been years since I was in the gym.

2. Its boring. I like to run. Running is fun. But I'm not allowed to run yet. I just asked again yesterday and the answer was "not yet".


So I ride the stupid stationary bike which has a seat that is now very well acquainted with my seat.


Today was my first day in the gym with no sling. I'm not sure if that was a good idea or not - time will tell. So today I did 15 min. on the elliptical and 25 on the stupid bike. I swear, music is the only reason I stay on it.


My Workout Playlist:



  1. If I Could Turn Back Time - Cher (which is what I'm trying to do)

  2. Back in the Saddle Again - Areosmith (literally)

  3. What's it Gonna Take - Motley Crue (I ask that daily)

  4. Where the Streets Have No Name - U2 ( a geat running song)

  5. Give me Novocain - Green Day ( by the time I get to this one I really do need some)

  6. I Gotta Feeling - The Blackeyed Peas (sure do have a feeling)

  7. Walk This Way - Aerosmith (good for the treadmill)

  8. Desire - U2

  9. Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen (not sure why that one other than its a good song)

  10. I'm Too Sexy - (OK, so I'm not sexy but its fun to pretend)

1 comment:

Barbara aka Layla said...

Love your playlist!!! Keep up the good work, it will pay off in the end (no pun intended) :)