About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, January 25, 2010

One Thing Leads to Another - and This Turned Out Cuter Than I Thought

This is an idea that grew into a project.... again. There is a lady who has gone above and beyond in helping our team pull together REZonate every year. She's simply awesome. In a nutshell, she's the reason we can do what we do. Well, at our last meeting we found out that she is going to have surgery this week. She was, get this, getting a gallon of milk out of her fridge and crushed several vertebrae in her neck. Crazy, huh?

So, I was thinking of getting her a card. Which got me to thinking ... that I've got an old antique milk bottle sitting in my kitchen ... and I could get some daisies to put in it and get a card to tell her that we're thinking about her and that she should "milk" it for all its worth. Well ... it became this little project. I made a cow card with a pocket inside for a gift card to a restaurant so she can get some takeout after her surgery. And of course, you've got to have cookies with milk and the colors of my gift back for the gingersnaps I make were perfect ... so ... this is what I came up with - a gift crate with shredded paper that looks like straw. You can't see it in the pic but the 4 little black "brads" are blocks with the letters "M I L K" on them. You'll have to imagine the milk bottle full of daisies and the cookie bag full of gingersnaps - I've still got to do those, but you get the idea...



2 comments:

Michelle said...

Ok this is cute enough I might try to go hurt myself...just kidding! Adorable!!!

KrippledWarrior said...

Very clever.