About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Its been quite a week of watching the babies grow. And they have grown ... Eli doesn't fit in the "preemie" clothes anymore and Owen fills them out very nicely. I've had the pleasure of pulling the night shift with them so one parent can get at least 4 hrs of sleep. They eat every 3 hrs and it takes two people to feed them. When I get there I do dishes if need be and laundry if need be and then try to grab a bit of sleep before the night feedings begin. I've been trying to keep up with my workouts by heading straight to the gym when I leave their house in the morning. Its been tough. I've missed one day completely and my cardio workouts have been sad. This morning I thought I might fall asleep on the bike. I'm not complaining though - not at all. I'm exhausted but couldn't be happier.

When I found out they were twins I was afraid I'd have a favorite. Now I look at them and wonder how in the world anybody could have a favorite ... they're both competely amazing. I don't feel old enough to be a "grandma" but at this point, I don't care a bit. Grandkids are simply the best things in the world and even more fun when they come in twos.





Owen


Eli


Me and Eli
(only for a grand kid would you want your pic taken in the morning after a night of 3 hrs. of sleep)








No comments: