About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Garden Wish List

So, the very ugly side yard is in the process of being transformed. Today we're shoveling mulch and then we'll be finished with it for this year. Next year ... well, that's another story.
I was excited to find a Flowering Almond shurb today! I had seen one somewhere earlier in the year and couldn't remember where I saw it. Found it at Home Depot! It'll sit next to my AC unit to help hide it. No, it does not produce almonds.

I've got plans for that side yard. Eventually I want it to look like a cottage garden. I'll need a lot more plants. Three things I'd like to get to add to the garden are:

A copper hose pot like the one pictured here. I love this idea for hiding the hose.


I would also love a bird bath kinda like this one.



And I'm thinking about building a window box like this one. If I make it, its highly unlikely that it will look like this .... but maybe close??



Make that four things. I'd also like a real composter. Right now I have two garbage cans with holes drilled in them. They work. A real composted would probably work better ... or at least faster.

1 comment:

KrippledWarrior said...

I don't see how that hose reel works!!!!!