About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Friday, May 07, 2010

May Flowers

I've discovered a new hobby. Gardening. Who knew?? I always thought I couldn't grow anything and have joked about how my flowers and plants just look like they're begging to be put out of their misery. But the last few years I've taken an interest in gardening ... and well, I love it! Its a great stress-reliever - both planting and enjoying them after they bloom. I love to grab a cup of coffee or a glass of iced tea and sit on my porch and enjoy the beauty.
I think I'm finished with the rock garden and the huge flower bed that surrounds our front porch and the new fencing. Now I'm working on the side of the house. That side of the house and been UGLY for a long time. Come to think of it, its been ugly since we've lived here. But I have plans. I hope, over the next few years, to make it into a cottage garden complete with a stone walkway and lots of shaggy looking flowers. We'll see. So far I've got a thornless blackberry bush, purple and white coneflowers, black-eyed susans, daises (If they come up), and lilies. I want more. A lot more. But in time ...

This is my rock garden. The baby's breath is taking over and that's OK with me.

The Dianthus are looking good now too.


1 comment:

sailaja said...

excellent nd x ordinary flowers