About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Life in a Whirlwind

Well its a little less than 3 weeks till we leave for Pine Ridge and my life has taken on the usual pre-trip chaos. Most of the time I don't know if I'm coming or going. Yes, I'm organized, overly so when it comes to these trips, but there are just some things that can't be organized. Here's the scoop:

We have 21 people signed up to go. Of those 21, 2 are iffy. One has dropped out and someone else may take her place and another is on the verge of dropping out. There may or may not be someone to take that person's place.

Of the 21 signed up to go, I've several have not been to too many of the team meetings. There are a few I've never even met yet. People who don't lead these trips don't see that as a problem but this will be my 7th year leading and trust me, its a problem. How big of a problem it is will depend on the person who missed meetings. If they're the kind of person who likes to have everything make sense to them, it may be a very big problem.

We may or may not get a donation from the meat company that has always donated food for our trip. If we do get a donation (probably), it may or may not be what we asked for (not really too much of a problems since food is food). All the other food that we have to buy still needs to be bought and packed. I still need to call in an order of bread to the little grocery store out there.

My dining room is full of boxes that are all packed and ready to load onto the truck. My dining room table and chairs are now in the living room, stacked along a wall. Not a problem - we've gotten used to living that way for a while each year.

The vans are reserved. The big truck is reserved. The auger we are renting is reserved. A lot of the building materials for the work project are stacked in my garage.

Among getting ready for the trip I'm getting ready for REZonate too. About every day something is asking to be done for REZonate.

And there are now bike events. Yesterday I finally contacted someone at the local shopping center about the bike event this weekend. I had tried before but wrong email addresses and spam filters messed that up. Now we've got a booth there. Just have to figure out how to make it all work now.

None of it is too unmanageable ... it just requires some juggling skills. All the unknowns and all the daily changes just make it hard to keep track of what's going on at any given time because once I have it figure out, it changes.

So life is literally "one day at a time" here. Most days its an hour at a time. I do get behind on email and phone messages. And then I can't remember if I responded or not because so many others came have come in. So, if I owe you a message of some kind ... I'll get to it eventually and if I don't, just remind me.

2 comments:

KrippledWarrior said...

I'll send prayer mail to the Throne Room for you.

Kansas Bob said...

Asking God to send you blessings as you prepare and go. I admire you.