About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Don't Give Me Jesus

as shared by Matthew at Devos on the Pine Ridge trip. I like it so I'm repeating it.

Don't give me Jesus, if giving me Jesus means telling me about your
beliefs, then walking away.

Don't give me Jesus if giving me Jesus means judging me by appearance but
never trying to see who I really am.

Don't give me Jesus if giving me Jesus means you're right no matter what
and I'm wrong no matter what.

Do give me Jesus if giving me Jesus means walking beside me just like Jesus
walked beside lepers and losers

Do give me Jesus if giving me Jesus means laughing with me when I need to
laugh and crying with me when I need to cry.

Do give me Jesus if giving me Jesus means letting me know when my actions
are harmful and destructive

Do give me Jesus if giving me Jesus means being my friend

If you give me Jesus wrapped in your friendship I may be more ready to
listen to what you have to say.


Now, not to be self-promoting because believe me, this has nothing to do with "me", but there is a good opportunity for people who claim to know Jesus and want to share him with people to do just that on Sept. 11, 2010 at the REZonate Music Fest. That is exactly what REZonate is about. Its not just a fundraiser. It's meant to not only raise funds to provide the poorest kids in America with school supplies - we could do that in other ways - its about reaching out to our community too. And all you have to do is SHOW UP and be kind to people and NOT judge them because its not the kind of music you like or because they have a t-shirt on that offends you. If its about Jesus, then its not about you! I get tired of people who go to my church and claim to follow Christ and say that "its all about souls" not supporting the event because its not a "Christian" event. Its is not a "Christian" event but it is a chance for people to be Christ-like and I can't think of anything more genuinely Christian than that.

There, I said it.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Amber, I couldn't agree more and I do respect the work that you do! I was blessed to be a part of the trip this year and I am more than humbled to be a part of the "team" for REZonate. I will be there ..with an open heart....and mind!

KrippledWarrior said...

I'd be there if I could.

Amber said...

I know it KW!! :)