About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The "S" Word

I'm all about Grace. I like Grace. I need it. All the time. But, too often Grace is misunderstood. Grace with out Truth is no longer Grace. Truth without Grace is no longer Truth for that matter either but, that's another post.

The thing is, I'm a little weary of hearing people dismiss the idea of sin. That's right, sin. That's an "S" word you don't hear too often. Seems people want to take it pretty lightly ... call it a mistake or some such thing. A mistake it is, but it is also sin and its not to be taken lightly. There's Grace to cover all of it, but that doesn't mean we just brush it off as a mistake. Jesus took it seriously enough to die because of it so I'm thinking if we say we follow Him, then we should take it pretty seriously too. I'm not sure what that ought to look like but maybe a start would be calling it what it is and realizing what it cost. There's always a cost. Always.

Just saying ...

1 comment:

HennHouse said...

Wow...

That's some powerful stuff, Amber.

Definitely something to think about.