About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Yes, There is a Santa ... or at Least a Bunch of Elves

Oh my ... what do I even say ....
After coming home from the Christmas Eve service tonight I was sitting at my desk when Brian kept insisting that he needed to take a picture of me beside the Christmas tree.
I told him he was nuts and that it wasn't going to happen.
He persisted. Never mind that I had already changed into my grubby pj's.
(Whitlock will appreciate the Ohio State shirt though.)
So ... I walked in to see what all the fuss was about and saw this ....

a huge box, accompanied by a smaller box and an envelope with my name on it.

I gave him a dirty look because we agreed not to do this.

That's when he began clicking pictures and blinding me with the flash.


this is me, trying to save my sight.


Then I opened the envelope and saw that the gifts were from

the Pine Ridge crew.

Next question - "do I dare open it"???

I did.


and found a mouse.
The good kind of mouse, not the kind that run through your house eating things.
And in the big box ...



was a printer.

A nice printer.

A really, really, really nice printer.

Their original plan was to buy me a laptop but they told Brian this two days after we ordered one with Brian's Christmas bonus.

So they got a printer.

And if they only knew .....

My current printer is SO ghetto. It can only print ONE piece of paper at a time and with that I have to physically put my fingers halfway into it and hold the paper down so that it will feed through - otherwise it jams.

But with this baby ... oh wow ...

I bet they expect me to work now, huh?

Seriously - THANK YOU guys. You really shouldn't have. No really, you shouldn't have.

But I'm glad you did.

You still have bathroom duty on the trip though. ;)

No comments: