About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, July 11, 2011

The Twins. No, Not THOSE Twins

Oh no, they'll never replace the twins, but they are fun. 

For our anniversary we decided to do some things to enjoy our marriage ... you know, now that the kids are grown and gone .... time to have fun!  We rarely take a vacation.  In fact the last "vacation" Brian drove up to the Wright Patterson Air Force Base to look through it and I stayed home. 

One day we were out riding bikes at Miami Whitewater Forest and stopped off at the lake for a picnic.  As we sat there watching people in kayaks on the lake, Brian said, "I used to kayak all the time when I was a kid and I would LOVE to do that again". 

My response - "You used to kayak???  I've been married to you for 28 years and I never knew that???"  

So ... I figured I was going to have to give it a go.  I didn't think I'd like it.  In fact I was sure  I would just tolerate it for his sake.  I had fears of flipping it over, getting stuck upside down in the water and drowning - and looking stupid doing it. 

Turns out ... I love it!  I really love it!  Its so relaxing and peaceful.  Mind you, we don't do rapids.  Lakes are good.  Whitewater, not so good.  At least not yet.  :)

So when Dicks Sporting Goods had kayaks 50% off earlier this summer.  We bought a couple.  They were amazingly affordable and they will quickly pay for themselves and once they do, we have free fun anytime we want.  

Ahhh ... now that's nice....

No comments: